HOLY CROSS OF DAVAO COLLEGE
Medical and Dental Clinic
The Medical-Dental School Clinic commits to promote, provide, develop and maintain a clean and healthy school environment that is ideal and conducive for academic development in order to obtain the vision and mission of the school.
GUIDELINES AND POLICIES FOR SAFETY, SECURITY, ORDERLINESS AND CLEANLINESS OF THE SCHOOL CLINIC MAIN
1. The School Medical-Dental Clinic is open to provide services related to general medical and dental concerns only for both the school personnel and students with following clinic hours :
a) 7:30 AM – 9:00 PM every Monday to Friday (no meal/snacks breaks)
b) 8:00 AM – 9:00 PM every Saturday (no meal/snacks breaks)
2. The Medical-Dental Clinic Head Nurse is designated to manage the operation of the School Medical-Dental Clinic as well as to coordinate said operation with the Medical-Dental Clinic personnel and Staff composed of Four(4) school nurses, Three(3) school physicians, Two(2) school dentists, and Four(4) student assistants.
3. The medical services that can be availed from the School Medical-Dental Clinic for free are as follows:
a) First aid treatment and initial medication in case of accidents and/or sudden occurrence of illness while in school during school days.
b) Provision of initial dose of medicines (N.B. Available medicines are as follows : analgesic, antipyretic, antiemetic, antipruritic, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodics, antacids, anti-allergy, anti-asthmatics, decongestants, topical application for minor burns, liniments, oral hydrite for hydration, eye drops and ointments.
c) Physical examination for students, personnel, canteen personnel and food handlers and school job applicants.
d) Medical consultation.
e) Referral to appropriate medical specialist for any identified medical problems.
4. The schedule of School Dentists’ are as follows but changes of time on certain days will be posted on the medical dental clinic bulletin due to Dentists’ availability:
a) Monday, Wednesday, and Friday:4:00 PM- 5:00 PM
b) Tuesday and Thursday:8:30AM – 9:30 AM
c) Monday To Friday except Wednesday (for Physician Reliever):2:00 PM-4:00PM
5. The school nurses and student assistants are available during clinic hours.
6. Only the attending school physician or the school nurses is authorized to give necessary first aid treatment or initial medication to school personnel or to student who needs such.
7. The dental services that can be availed from the School Medical-Dental Clinic with a certain minimum fee or without a fee are as follows:
Oral Prophylaxis Dental Filling Tooth Extraction Dental Consultation
Students Php 120.00 Php 120.00 Php 100.00 Free of Charge
School Personnel Php 140.00 Php 140.00 Php 120.00 Free of Charge
8. The schedule of School Dentists’ are as follows but changes of time on certain days will be posted on the medical dental clinic bulletin due to Dentist availability:
a) Monday, Wednesday and Friday :3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
b) Tuesday to Thursday:2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
9. Staying in the School Medical-Dental Clinic (Main) beyond any official transaction and/ or concern is greatly discouraged in order to keep the premises from any possible bacterial and/ or viral contamination and the like.
10. Any school personnel or student who has a fever shall not be allowed to enter the school. He/she is advised to go to his/her family physician for medical consultation.
11. Any school personnel or student who gets sick in school is advised to proceed to the School Medical-Dental Clinic for first aid treatment and/or initial medication. Afterwards, he/she is advised to go home. For a student, the following shall be observed prior to going home.
a) The school nurse shall notify his/her parent/guardian about his/her condition and shall request his/her parent/guardian to fetch him/her from the School Medical-Dental Clinic; or
b) The student assistant shall accompany him/her in going home.
12. In case of minor accident within the school premises during school days, the student or school personnel victim is given first aid treatment. Otherwise, the school nurse shall accompany him/her to San Pedro Hospital for further medical treatment and/or management.
13. The school physician is the only authorized person to issue a medical certificate after conducting a medical examination to a school personnel or student. Such issuance will be used only for school related matters.
14. The school nurse is the only authorized person to issue a school clinic certification to a personnel or student who is advised to take a rest for a maximum of 30 minutes in the infirmary room due to a sudden occurrence of an illness while in school during school days. Said issuance shall be duly registered in the School Medical-Dental Clinic logbook.
15. School clinic certification will be issued only to those clients who were seen and examined in the School Medical-Dental Clinic and have signed in the logbook of daily consultation.
16. Infirmary rooms are designated separately for male and female patients. These rooms are for the exclusive use of school personnel or student who is advised by a school nurse to take a rest. In case the school personnel or student would need more than a 30 minute rest and in consideration that the number of beds in said infirmary rooms is limited, he/she is advised to go home or to be admitted in the hospital.
Any equipment, facility, instruments, record or medical and/or office supply in the School Medical-Dental Clinic is for the exclusive use of the School Medical-Dental Clinic personnel and staff and of the clinic clients.