Skills Enhancement and Education Development for Students
Jollibee Foods Corporation, a corporation duly organized and existing under and by virtue of the laws of the Republic of the Philippines, with principal office at Jollibee Plaza, F. Ortigas Jr. Rd., Ortigas Center, Pasig City, represented herein by JOHN VICTOR R. TENCE, VP for Corporate HRD, hereinafter referred to as SPONSOR.
JFC has proposed a program referred to as JFC Skills Enhancement and Education Development for Students (the “Program”) designed to enable qualified students (“Student-Trainees”) to pursue their post-secondary education through the provision of financial assistance, while at the same time providing them with practical training to develop their skills, competencies, attitudes and work values and enhance their employability upon completion of their courses;
- A Student-Trainee shall be required to enroll in and complete fifteen (15) to eighteen (18) units of collegiate courses in the PARTNER SCHOOL for two (2) consecutive semesters per academic year and three (3) to six (6) units during summer term. Should the PARTNER SCHOOL observe a trimester academic calendar, a Student-Trainee shall enroll in and complete a minimum of twelve (12) to fifteen (15) units of collegiate courses per term.
- SPONSOR shall provide financial assistance to the Student-Trainee in the form of an interest-free tuition loan, which shall be paid directly to the PARTNER SCHOOL, following Annex A of this Agreement.
- SPONSOR shall provide training to augment STUDENT TRAINEE’s classroom learnings through practical skills training and values formation.
- Student-Trainee shall be required to comply with PARTNER SCHOOL’s academic and disciplinary standards to maintain eligibility under the Program. PARTNER SCHOOL shall determine if a Student-Trainee shall be disqualified from the Program. In all cases, PARTNER SCHOOL shall discuss a Student-Trainee’s academic performance with SPONSOR before a recommendation to disqualify is submitted.
- PARTNER SCHOOL shall assign a coordinator (the “School Coordinator”) to act as point person of the Program. School Coordinator shall monitor the academic performance of each Student-Trainee, compliance with the PARTNER SCHOOL’s disciplinary program, and shall give and receive feedback from SPONSOR and Student-Trainee on the Program.
- Matters related to selection of students, training fees, and terms of training, shall be governed by implementing guidelines jointly developed by SPONSOR and PARTNER SCHOOL and presented in Annex A of this Agreement.
- This Agreement shall be coterminous with the implementation of the Program or Two (2) years commencing on 15 December 2008, which shall be automatically re-implemented for two (2) additional years, provided that should either the SPONSOR or the DOLE inform the other of its desire to suspend or terminate the MOA, SPONSOR shall inform the PARTNER SCHOOL at least three (3) months prior to its intended date of expiration. In case of termination of the MOA and the discontinuance of the implementation of the Program, PARTNER SCHOOL shall allow the Student-Trainee to finish the semester under the terms of the Program.
Any amendment or revision to the text of this Memorandum of Agreement shall be done in writing by mutual consent of the Parties. Such amendment or revision shall enter into force based on the agreement of the Parties.